Who would honestly think this is a good thing? It’s absolutely ridiculous, if you ask me. By taking these measures “in order for you to enjoy a high quality music experience”, they are surely alienting the very people they should be grateful to: the law-abiding CD purchaser. Thanks for legally purchasing this music. As a thanks, we are making this CD frustratingly restrictive.
The following is an insert of rules that is found in the latest CD from Coldplay.
Is this the very definition of Unmitigated Gall?
THIS CD IS A COPY PROTECTED CD
Thank you very much for purchasing this CD and helping the cause of “Anti-Piracy”. The recordings in this CD have an anti-copying function. They cannot be copied into a PC. In order for you to enjoy high quality music, we have added this special technology.
Before using, please first read the following:
This CD cannot be burnt onto a CD-R or hard disk, nor can it be converted into MP3 for file sharing.
This CD has been manufactured for usage in regular CD players, but might not play in the following players:
- Some CD players that have the capability of burning into an MP3 (such as portable players or car stereos)
- Some CD players that possess CD-R/RW functions (such as portable players or car stereos)
- Some car stereos with satellite “Guidance” systems
- Some CD players or car stereos with hard disk recording capability
- Some CD-R/RW Recorders used for music
- Some portable CD players
- Some DVD players
- Some CD/LD Convertible Players
- Some Game Players
Although you can use your PC’s Windows program to listen to certain tracks, this does not meant that the CD can be played in all PCs.
- The first time that this program is used (in Windows automatic starter software) it gets registered in Windows *File. Thus, programs already registered do not affect Windows * operation
- Windows OS also uses the latest files
This CD does not support Macintosh PC software
- Except for manufacturing problems, we do not accept product exchange, return or refund.
Basically, it’s “Thanks for being honest. Good luck with it, and we hope you have a CD player in which this CD works. Whether you do or not, you cannot return this CD. Thanks, again!”